Creating MORE Cards

A couple posts back, I shared how I created snowman thank you cards using a handmade paint stamp, paint pens, grocery bags and blank notecards. This time, I’m going to show you a quick way to create cards for any occasion using black notecards and a pen!

Recently, I needed to write a thank you note for a special honor I received. I had a box of simple thank you notes, but decided to create something unique instead. I got out some blank notecards and my favorite black ink gel pen and went to work. I had seen simple line drawings of those fuzzy dandelions that you make a wish and blow on and decided to try drawing them myself.  I made some with hearts and some without. I made some right on the white cards, and I tried some on pieces of grocery bags that I then glued to white note cards. I wrote things like “Thank You” and “Thanks” and “Happy Birthday” in different styles on different ones. When I finished I had 6 cards that I could use for different occasions for different people.

Check out this video to see how I drew a couple of them!

Now when you need a card for a special occasion, you can grab a blank note card or piece of heavy paper/card stock and simply draw it! You can do it in black ink like I did, or you can add color. Whatever you feel inspired to do. What better way is there to let someone know how special they are or how much you appreciated something they did than taking the time and putting in the effort to create a homemade card.

Have fun!

One Response